Here in Kwa- Zulu Natal the festive season is all about fun, sun and spending quality “downtime” with the family.
With this in mind, we have put together some wonderful Christmas treats for you to enjoy making at home. I love to spend time in the kitchen with my children and grandchildren. It is a time of learning and laughter. Time in the kitchen offers the true relaxation we so desperately need to include into our busy schedules.
These raw food treats are nourishing for your body and totally free of all the preservatives, additives and sugar. The process we go through in making them also ensures that none of the valuable nutrients are destroyed whilst you make them.
Our first recipe is our ultimate chocolate brownies made with cacao. Did you know cacao is an incredible source of magnesium and iron, and is full of antioxidants! It can reduce the risk of heart disease, shed fat, boost immunity and is a great source of energy.
Please do let us know if you enjoy them as much as we do? We would love to hear from you.
The ultimate, healthy and delicious Chocolate Brownies:
1. 2 cups brazil nuts
2. 2 cups cacao powder
3. 1 cup coconut flakes
4. 1 cup raw honey
5. ¾ cup water
6. 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
7. ¼ teaspoon salt
- Blend coconut flakes into a fine flour
- Blend nuts and water until smooth
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend
- Rub coconut oil on to solid sheets to prevent mixture from sticking
- Pour mixture into solid sheets and spread it out to about 150mm thick
- Dry for about 6 hours and then cut into squares
- Dry for a further 18 hours
- Remove from solid sheets and dry on mesh sheets for another 24 hours