If you are anything like us, you absolutely love this time of the year and all the many wonderful festive traditions. There is nothing like a traditional Christmas fruit cake to bring the family together over the holidays.
Try this wonderful raw and vegan Christmas cake recipe we found. It is full of all sorts of delicious dried fruits, and nuts and seeds for added nutrients. This is one the whole family will love.
50g raw cacao nibs
50g coconut flakes
100g dried figs
50g dried cherries
50g goji berries
50ml brandy (optional)
2 oranges juice & zest
2 lemons zest only
2 tablespoons coconut oil
8 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
1 cup water (use orange juice for added flavor)
350g activated nut mix
150g pumpkin seeds
10g goji berries
10g coconut flakes
10g raw cacao nibs
- Place dry and wet ingredients into food processor
- Combine the binding ingredients in a separate bowl first and then add to the food processor
- Combine everything by pulsing so that the mixture still has some texture
- Pour mixture into a suitable container
- Dehydrate on a low setting for 4 to 24 hours depending on how moist you would like your cake
Merry Christmas! We hope you enjoy this delicious Christmas Cake as much as we do.