Is it just me? This year has been a toughie! My life has chugged on, mostly on target, for years. This year I suddenly lost my beloved Dad. Yes, he was 90, but he deteriorated over about 3 weeks and was suddenly gone.
Now, as I write this blog, there have been at least six people within my family, work and social circle, who have passed away this year. In addition, people I know have been diagnosed with ‘dread’ diseases. These unpleasant experiences have triggered an inward view of my own life. It’s vital that we live life to the fullest, making the best out of each and every moment. I want to be in the best possible condition to be able to make the most of this precious life that I’ve been given.
Here are 6 of my top prerequisites for squeezing every drop out of every possible moment:
1. Mindfully sourcing, preparing and consuming natural whole and life-force producing foods as fuel for my body.
2. Drinking the purest (possible) water.
3. Exercising to keep my body in the best condition. Remember if you don’t use it, you’ll lose it.
4. Getting ample, good quality sleep each night. (for me that is seven to eight hours)
5. Interacting with family and friends on a regular basis.
6. Connecting with Nature; thereby calming my mind to best cope with all the stresses and strains that life throws at us.
I’ve gone through a process of taking my foot off the pedal to mindfully manage this year’s curved balls. I now look forward to the season of love as we prepare for Christmas and the end of year holidays. Sometimes we need to go back to the basics. Re-assess, Re-focus, Re-build to ultimately REVIVE BALANCE and SUSTAIN ourselves in peak condition!